This past weekend was all about flowers for Em! We colored some flower pictures and did some flower crafts (made “stained glass” pictures with contact paper and tissue) but the main event was playing with actual flowers. I keep on reading that sensory play is […]
A few weeks ago one of my good friends threw me a little gender reveal tea party. It was a chilly snowy day so sitting around chatting with girlfriends was the perfect way to spend the afternoon. I was happy to announce that we are expecting another little girl.
So far this pregnancy has been quite similar to my first. Morning sickness all day, anxiety, and depression. It’s been difficult but every time I see Em I’m reminded of how much it’s all worth it. This time around I was aware of the beginning signs of anxiety and depression so when it started I was able to treat it early. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be much I can do about the all day morning sickness but keep a positive attitude.
Today I turn 30 and I have no idea how I feel about it. I’d like to say that as I turn 30 I’m more sure of myself but that would be a lie. I’m more confident in some areas of my life, but I’m still uncertain in other areas (ahem, motherhood). At first I thought my birthday would be just like any other day but then friends started to ask me things. “Are you sad to say goodbye to your 20’s?”. “Do you feel accomplished?”. “Are you excited?”. I don’t feel any emotion towards turning 30 but I do feel different. I’m still learning and growing, but here are 30 things in no particular order I’ve learned in the last decade.
- God is amazing.
- The uncomfortable 40 weeks it takes to make a baby is worth it.
- Never think you’re above anyone in any way. Arrogance is disgusting.
- Depression is real.
- How to spell “v-a-c-u-u-m”.
- Time is precious.
- People express love in different ways.
- Kindness is wonderful.
- Follow your heart, even thought sometimes it’s hard to figure out what it’s telling you.
- Children really are a blessing.
- Diablo 3 is a great game.
- How to arrange flowers.
- I don’t like travelling for work.
- Cats are amazing.
- How to salvage all the toothpaste in a toothpaste tube.
- Learning to breastfeed is HARD.
- My sister is one of my best friends, despite our differences.
- When changing a newborn, put towels around the change table to catch flying poop.
- How to properly fold a fitted sheet.
- I love music, all music.
- The meaning of friendship. I have the best set of friends a girl could ask for.
- Value yourself.
- My parents love me no matter what.
- China is beautiful.
- How it feels to be in love. Really in love.
- Finishing university is something to be proud of, no matter what people say about a Science degree!
- I won’t be able to get along with everyone I meet in life.
- How to use a drill.
- I will never not love fantasy. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones. All amazing.
- Nothing sounds as good as my baby’s laughter.